Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Hazards of Leggings

Hazard(noun) – an unavoidable danger or risk, even though often foreseeable, Ex: Never would I have thought there would be hazards to wearing leggings.

Although leggings may be one of the most comfortable and still stylish items on the market, they are also at times hazardous. How can the most convenient clothing item be dangerous you ask, well let’s think about it. Many girls, and also women wear the baby doll dress pairing it with leggings. Even though baby doll dresses are just adorable if worn properly, they are often associated with pregnancy. But the issue of looking pregnant is not the real hazard associated with leggings. “The real issue is the stretchy elastic waist band,” says Kaylie M. This is her legging story.


I guess you could call me a leggings fanatic; I have leggings in almost every colour and every style. I have a pair of leggings to go with every single outfit in my closet. When I buy clothes I think of how they would look with leggings. I’ve got almost the whole collection that American Apparel sells. I’ve bookmarked that site to my phone so that I know whenever a new style of leggings is shipped in, that way I can be the first to have them. I think it’s save to say I wore leggings every day, I wore them to school, I wore them at home, I wore them to dance practice, I wore them to my figure skating classes, they were just the most convenient clothing items ever made. Of course I owned other clothing items, but I hardly wore ‘em, for me it was all about the leggings. One day I decided to wear of my dark blue skinny jeans, and to my surprise they didn’t fit. They stopped right at my thighs, and I thought maybe it was just that one pair, but turns out NONE of my jeans fit me. I went to the store to buy new jeans that were a size bigger, and that was when I found out I had gone from a size zero to a size five without even noticing. All the times I was wearing leggings I never watched my weight because they just fit like a dream.


Kaylie M. doesn’t think people should stop wearing leggings, but they should just balance them out with regular pants and jeans. Because this is the worst way to unknowingly let yourself go.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought about it that way.
    That's dangerous.

    P.S. I am loving the background, legging dreeeeeaaamm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never thought about how leggings can be that dangerous. I know exactly how it's like to put on a pair of leggins, than try on a pair of jeans the next day, and be shocked at the difference in fit. Leggings do fit like a glove, so now I'm aware of how they may seem to make you slim down but in reality, you're just packing on the pounds. A light, yet enlightening, post! :)

    ReplyDelete